Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Full Moon Mania

This is the night of January's "wolf moon."

Well aware that my fellow "Luna Chicks" are gathering someplace in the frigid northwoods of Wisconsin to celebrate this event tonight, I can't help peering out from the balconies of my condo on Galveston Island, Texas, to see the infamous Wolf Moon. I miss my Luna Chick friends...and it's hard to connect with them tonight as the moon darts and dodges behind and between cloud formations that shimmer seductively across the endless waves of the Gulf of Mexico.

I thought about going down to the Beach Club to sit in the outdoor hot tub overlooking the ocean, with a glass of wine to toast my old friends back home. But... the sky is eerily black. The wind howls. I can no longer see the full moon.

Instead, I will bury myself in a new novel, one that I cannot put down, one that will undoubtedly impact my writing in the future. They say that one of the best things that writers can do to improve their writing, and their chances of publication, is to READ.

It's not always easy to find time to read... BUT, I have recently discovered a novel that speaks to me - and compels me to spend the night of this full moon devouring its messages, poetic images, and insights. The title is "Sea Music" by Sara MacDonald. A resident of Cornwall, England, this is the first of her novels to be published in the United States. Check it out!

Here's to "happy howling" and all the blessings that a full moon can incite within us all!

Stay tuned and please stay in touch.

Janet Kay
www.watersofthedancingsky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment