Wednesday, June 22, 2011

HER NAME IS BETH...

I'd like to introduce you to a special woman who has become a good friend and an important part of my life over the past few years. Her name is Beth.

She's middle-aged, but still struggling with a tragic past that haunts her. Growing up on a wilderness island on a lake along the U.S./Canadian international border, she was just a young girl when her mother mysteriously drowned in the big lake. Her mother was gone. She had no father -just her grandmother who did her best to raise her right.

Barely grown, Beth fell in love - with the wrong man - and suffered through an abusive marriage for twenty years. Finally, she escaped, and went home to her family's island. Her grandmother had just passed on. Once again, Beth was alone with the demons from her past.

Embarking upon a journey of self-discovery, she found her mother's old diaries which held shocking long-held family secrets...including the identity of her father. Spirits of the past emerged as she struggled through a complex web of emotions and shifting relationships.

She doubted that she'd ever be able to forgive and put the past behind her, much less learn to love again.

While I tried to help her work through her shifting emotions, to gently nudge her along the road to healing,she had a mind of her own. She was intent on creating her own reality, her own destiny...perhaps a good sign that she was, in fact, learning and growing. I'm proud of my friend.

And now,
the rest of the story...
WHO is this special woman exactly? Well, she happens to be the main character in my novel, WATERS OF THE DANCING SKY!She's also become a good friend who has taught me a lot as "we" wrote this novel together. I hope you are able to meet her someday in the pages of this novel - and the sequel that I plan to do in response to reader requests.

Stay tuned and please stay in touch!

Janet Kay
www.watersofthedancingsky.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet: I appreciate your thoughts.

    But for me, it's quite different, as I've been making my living from being published since 1994. So I don't just write for the pleasure and personal fulfillment, I write to live!

    By choice, my writing career has moved me into books over the past few years. I'm finding it a bit harder to make that living from books as the cash flow just isn't there -- yet. I'm hoping my upcoming book on chocolate and travel will change all that.

    Good luck with your writing, and please join us over at http://doreenisthewizardofwords.blogspot.com/. We have some amazing discussions. Join the tribe! There's still room in the tent!

    ReplyDelete