Friday, April 13, 2018

BLOGGER'S BLOCK




"Never put off till tomorrow what may be done the day after tomorrow as well." Mark Twain

OK, so it's been a long time...a really long time...since I've posted on my blog. I've been trying to come up with a good excuse. Like, I have been working on another novel, THE SISTERS, which will be released April 30th by World Castle Publishing. And I have, of course, needed to do lots of traveling to some exciting places where I may (or may not) decide to set a future novel. Location and historical research takes lots of time, right?

I tell myself that although I may not be blogging...or even writing...I AM THINKING about the novels and blog posts I will write someday. Maybe tomorrow...maybe next week. Great ideas are (hopefully) bubbling up and incubating in my mind as I walk through the woods or beside the ocean.

As I scold myself for ignoring my blog, I rationalize. With the millions of blogs out there everyday, who has time to read them? Mine will certainly get lost in the endless sea of bloggers competing for attention. Why bother? Certainly I have other things to do - things like polishing my silverware or cleaning the toilet!

Yes, I was obviously suffering with a severe case of "Blogger's Block!"

Then one day I ran into an old writer friend of mine. "What happened to your blog?" he asked me, " I always used to enjoy reading it."

That made me think. Maybe it is time to get back to blogging about my writer's journey and travels through life. Maybe it is time to post some of the photos and historical information about Galveston Island, the place where I set my new novel, The Sisters.

I'm back! And I look forward to hearing from you.

Please stay tuned and stay in touch.

Janet Kay

http://www.novelsbyjanetkay.com


No comments:

Post a Comment